Spains Hall Fisheries is on private land within a working farming estate and function venue. It is also surrounded by land that is managed for the benefit of birds and the environment so please keep disturbance to a minimum.
1. Keep your ticket or email receipt with you at all times for inspection by Estate Staff
2. Access is restricted to the Car Park, footpath down to and surrounding the Fishery. Everywhere else is out of bounds.
3. No one is allowed into woods, onto fields or anywhere outside the Fishery.
4. Anglers must have a current EA rod Licence. Available online at www.gov.uk/fishing-licences/buy-a-fishing-licence
5. No under 17’s permitted to fish unless accompanied by an Adult (over 18)
6. Angling only permitted Dawn-Dusk, no night fishing.
7. Fishery closed in the month of December
8. In the event of an emergency please call the phone number shown on the signs or if emergency services are required dial 999 and quote grid reference OS TL681338
9. Barbed hooks are strictly forbidden.
10. Maximum 2 rods per angler
11. Holding fish in keep nets is forbidden
12. No wading, swimming or bathing
13. No angling from the Island
14. Treatment plant is TOTALLY OUT OF BOUNDS
15. No pets
16. No firearms or air weapons
17. No music players, TVs, radios or other devices that might cause annoyance
18. No picnics or barbeques
19. No picking of berries or wild flowers
20. Appropriate clothing to be worn at all times (Spains Hall is a wedding venue so please respect people’s big day by dressing respectably)
21. Take your litter home with you, failure to do so will result in a ban.
Infringement of these rules will lead to a ban from the Fishery.